Sunday 23 August 2009

Hiewing Vabits

Kevin McDonald's version of State of Play turned out to be quite good, comically haired Crowe was on form, Mirren does ok Nighy and they managed the complicated plot down to two hours which was a feat in itself. The only downside was Affleck, I'm not a hater, but this performance certainly wasn'this best. Otherwise it's worth a look but if you've the time I'd go for the original.

Alligator, can't remember how I ended up watching this but I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it's a cheap as hell moster movie but it works somehow, it's got some faces you'll recognise and it's a nice piece of folklore of flushed-pet-alligator-turns-man-chewer. And it's written by John Sayles, weird.

As I write I'm watching Piano Blues by Clint Eastwood again, I've seen it plenty of times before but it's got Ray Charles, Oscar Peterson, Professor Longhair, Dr John, Perkins and the Duke so it's like a panacea. Just wish I could see Piano Players Rarely Play Together, I'm sure it's gonna be worth it but it's proving elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment