Monday 5 October 2009

Mostly Garbage

Seventh Moon, a modest little US supernatural horror set in China wasn't terrible, I half-liked the director's earlier film Altered and this was definitely an improvement, granted it wasn't particularly original but it had a few moments, excluding the massive plot holes my main complaint was the totally uninspired look of the moon demons, a little more effort would have gone a long way.

There's films I'm just required to watch so I managed to sit through Angels & Demons, not quite in one sitting but that was more to do with wine than the film. Anyways if you've seen DVC you won't be surprised by the dumb but glossy feel to this film, it isn't terrible just a bland tasteless experience, competently acted but formulaic and sometimes/most-times just plain ridiculous. Background viewing only.

And onto Bruce Willis' latest, Surrogates, a tedious little companion piece to the also guff Gamer. This time instead of having users controlling live prisoners we've got a society with users controlling tailor made droids, there's nothing wrong with these ideas but they just don't know how to make a decent film around them instead of something potentially interesting we're left waching a very average cop against the odds thriller. It's so unmemorable I bet I end up watching it again like I did with Money Train.

No comments:

Post a Comment