Thursday 3 September 2009

Non-English language Sci-Fi

I've been rooting around for some foreign language sci-fi lately after becoming tired of the usual Hollywood guff and thought I'd publish a little list of the films worth a look. Not necessarily the best, just the ones that spring to mind.

1) Stalker/Solaris - two classics adaptations from Tarkovsky, you've probably already seen them.


2)Timecrimes - great Spanish time travel film, modest budget but a cracking story.


3)Dante 01 - French Sci-fi from Caro - gets terrible reviews but I enjoyed it.


4)Delicatessen/City of Lost Children - two by Caro & Jeunet, I think COLC is the best of the 2


5)The Host - great Korean monster movie


6)Save The Green Planet - demented Korean scifi, unusual I'd say


7)Fantastic Planet - strange haunting animation from France, better than Time Masters.


8)Sex Mission - Funny Polish scifi about two dudes cryogenically frozen


9)Wings of Honneamise - could have filled the list with anime but chose this classic of hard scifi


10)The Dark Hour - Spanish film, poor reviews but I thought it was great, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment