Tuesday 15 September 2009

Sods and Odds

Urgh, linking a post from the NOTW via Guido makes me feel a bit sick but I've long thought that Gordo resigning due to illness is Labour's only hope of turning the tide against Cameron's Calvacade of Cints. I doubt they've got a plan in place for a replacement though, egos and stunning disorganisation seem to be their modus operandi.


Wired has a great post about some French effort to bring the Milky Way into a beautiful clickable panorama.

Another great piece from Brooker skewering both Hirst and Mandy - the latter is way behind the curve on filesharing but I did watch him maul a Sky News monkey and BBC plum within half an hour of each other, twas quite amusing.

Just finished another Stanislaw Lem book, The Futurological Congress, is a crazy blunderbuss of a satire blasting everything in sight. I was surprised by the books light, frivolous tone, it feels more like a PKD in comparison to Solaris or Fiasco. Was great though and I noticed there's a listing on IMDB for a upcoming movie and learnt there's another Lem adaptation already made and getting decent reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment