Monday 14 September 2009

Shum Shinema

Fifty Dead Men Walking was pretty decent, a pacey little thriller based on Martin McGartland's book about informing on the IRA. Dunno who the lead is but he's quite good and deftly backed up by the Ben Kingsley sporting the funniest wig I've seen in a while. I got over it though and enjoyed the rest of the film.

Adventureland, wasn't so bad, I was expecting something much worse after seeing the trailer a while back. Sure it's a predictable indie romcom and it isn't a sidesplitter but it's got a nice downbeat feel to it and a semi-decent script, Eisenberg was surprisingly good too.


Man in The White Suit - I hadn't seen this since I was a kid and it was way better this time around. Alec Guiness stars a determined chemist who develops a special stain & wear resistant fabric only for management and the unions try to shut him down.

Infestation - a bug apocalypse flick scraped into averageness I guess. A slacker office worker wakes up covered in webbing to find everyone else cocooned by some rather large bugs. The FX are ok but the rest of the film lurches around, not funny, not gory enough and full of plot holes way too large to mention. Only the appearance of Ray Wise kept me interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment