Tuesday 12 May 2009

Sylar & Uhura ?!

Just watched the Star Trek reboot - guess it's ok, it's got more than a few problems and not just the strangest romantic plotline ever. Can anyone explain to me why Nimoy/Original Spock is in it ? to please fanboys I presume but I really hope it wasn't the sole justification for the time travel plot which was weak and unoriginal. There was plenty of missed oppurtunities like Kirk's monster chase and the weird bit with Scottie in the pipes. Not a massive fan of Pine as Kirk but he was tolerable, in fact reasonable performances throughout - was surprised that Pegg managed a decent Scottish accent but apparently he's married to one of us. Some great SFX though and all in all a pretty decent flick - I'd never of thought there'd be much life left in this ancient franchise but I guess I was wrong. Oh and Keenser why did I like him - essentially a crunchy ewok he somehow amused me, maybe it was his comedy sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment