Saturday 13 June 2009

Catch up


Lordy I thought I'd saved that last draft, oh well, gonna have to be quick as I've been on the vino and seem to be typing at an odd slant, anyways I've watched a heap of stuff lately but my main PC thing is down so I've been too busy trying to fix it to write this stuff. Anyways...

My Bloody Valentine 3D, not bad actually if you don't expect much, not a great script but some good comedy deaths and the 3d was good enough to make me feel seasick near the start.

Momento Mori, a weird Korean chiller set in a school, atmospheric and not bad. Made me think of an anime show Ghost Hunt.

Hansel & Gretel, another Korean film, is an excellent retelling of the classic fairytale. A bit long but worth watching.

Excalibur by Boorman, I remember watching this as a kid and loving it but it's got a fairly skanky rep these days, probably for the horribly cheap FX but it's a fantastic film. It's an unusual melange of the arthurian myths and has a few rubbishy actors hamming it up, I'm looking at you Merlin, but it's very enjoyable nonetheless and is one of the best mythological films I've seen in ages. Reckon the studios should be looking to remake this rather than Barbarella etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment