Tuesday 2 June 2009

Films slimf flism

Watched this 1970's thriller the other night called And Soon The Darkness and it was excellent, two British tourists come a cropper in rural France isn't exactly an original plot but it managed to build and sustain the tension throughout. Well worth watching if you get the chance, especially as it's getting remade - doh.

Watched Bolt too - sometimes I just have to watch films in case the punters ask me, well that's my excuse anyways. And to be honest it wasn't that bad for a kids film, at least there was no singing in it. Bolt is a delusional mutt from a TV show who ends up in the real world thinking he has super powers, along the way he meets some buddies and saves the day. Ahhh aint that nice. It was pretty funny though and kept me and the better half fairly amused. I particulary enjoyed Rhino the TV obsessed critter in a ball.

Phantasm I, II & II - I think I saw the first of these films when I was a kid and they've got some sort of cult-rep I thought I'd give them another go. To my surprise I've quite enjoyed them, the acting is bad and the gore/sfx are pretty cheap but it's actually quite a good story, maybe it's cause it doesn't try and explain itself constantly but it's mythos seems to hang together beyond mad plot leaps and obvious incongruities. Think there's one more to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment