Sunday 12 July 2009

Just Watched

Finally got to see In The Loop and it didn't disappoint - beautifully sweary and funny throughout. I'm a sucker for political movies and keep trying to force them on my customers but I get it, indifference is the norm in the UK about politics that or a withering cynicism. Either way this is a scathing satire on contemporary politics, brimming with great lines and with two great performances from Capaldi and Hollander at it's core. Hopefully they'll make some more shows after this, can't say I miss Langham at all.

Also watched Return To Salem's Lot - wasn't very good. The original, though it wasn't great had some atmosphere and surpassed it's cheap effects and heavy cheesing, the sequel/reboot Larry Cohen thing was edited by a moron distracted by a large crusty piece of nose candy, plotted by someone high, real high and scripted by a computer I guess. It had some ideas, and a couple of half decent moments but I wouldn't bother watching the film to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment