Tuesday 14 July 2009

More Films

Flame and Citron was a pretty decent WW2 resistance drama from Denmark - well shot and acted with an interesting story its worth taking a look at.

The Last of Sheila - a peculiar Agatha-style murder mystery written by Anthony Perkins & Steven Sondheim was very entertaining. Snappy dialogue, psychological tension and with innumerate twists this little film from the 70's will keep you guessing almost to the end.

Gone in 60 Seconds was awful - I'd heard the original was a bit of a cult classic but in fact it was just badly scripted and very very badly acted. Some decent car chases I suppose but I'd avoid this one as much as the remake with Cage in it.


Ghost Story - was a nice little Sunday afternoon film, not scary in the slightest but it had some charm and plenty of aging stars to prop up the old fashioned plot.

The biggest disappointment of the weekend however was Drag Me To Hell - I'd heard such good things about it but it wasn't gory, scary or funny enough for me by a long chalk. I'm hoping that it was a warm-up for the Raimi's proper return to horror otherwise they better just stay with Marvel franchises.

No comments:

Post a Comment