Friday 2 July 2010

The Halliburton loop hole & something tame



Gasland is a disturbing documentary about a fashionable form of gas drilling called hydraulic fracturing that's spreading across the US with some pace it's just a shame it's poisons the land and filters into the water table to such an extent you can light your taps on fire. It's a well made, powerful film that certainly had me sharpening pitchfork no.1 and it's one I'd thoroughly recommend.

World's Greatest Dad is dark comedy starring Robin Williams as a poetry teacher who has to clean up after his son's accidental death by auto-erotic asphyxiation. It's a nice swipe at our attitudes towards death & it spins into the predatory media circus nicely but I dunno it's wasn't dark enough for me, if they'd pushed a bit harder they'd have got more laughs. I think I'm just hankering for some Julia Davis/Chris Morris level of offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment