Thursday 21 October 2010

I Like Chinese

Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyer's Cut) is a 6 hour documentary series about the Python team in a exhaustive Beatles Anthology type stylee. All the surviving members appear, with Chapman in video form, rambling about their work and the behind the scenes egos etc and over the six episodes they pretty much cover everything from inspirations, first steps, success, the movies and cracking the States. I'd have preferred a bit more detail about the making of the original shows and as a fan there wasn't too much I hadn't heard before but it's a good watch, with some amusing talking heads and plenty of clips. Strange then that it hasn't appeared on UK TV? apparently the Beeb have only aired a 1hr cut last year but Finland, Israel & New Zealand have all shown the 6hr version? I get Finland but why not it show here? I bet the stoopid BBC are sitting on it for some anniversary or something. Twits.

No comments:

Post a Comment