Monday 19 April 2010

Disengage brain now



The remake of Clash of the Titans was as dumb as the original film and the acting was wooden at the best of times, particulary by Worthington but, strangely, I still quite enjoyed it. It's romps along with plenty of action and the FX and design of the monsters was pretty good so I dunno maybe as I'd just expected a bit of popcorny blockbuster nonsense and that's just what you get I was quite satisfied. I didn't bother with the 3D version as it's taken such a drubbing in the reviews but a 2D Kraken was fine by me.

John Cusack stars in Hot Tub Time Machine a funny, banal, scifi comedy about a bunch of friends spirited back to 1986 via a faulty hot tub. There's a barrage of gags from the get-go and they spin in plenty of amusing 80's references without it getting tedious but I think it was the excellent cast of Cusack, Corddry & Robinson that really made it. If you want a dumb comedy in the vein of The Hangover this should suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment