Sunday 21 February 2010

Double Bill & Tibbs Tanks



Bill Maher...But I'm Not Wrong was pretty funny, certainly a lot tighter than some of Maher's other stand up performances but just a little spoilt for me by his seedy prostitution bit. If you're unfamiliar with Maher he's a hard-left ( for the States anyways) political comedian, self confessed stoner and Palin-Hater - with a number of successful comedy-political shows under his belt and one rather amusing atheist documentary called Religulous.


In the Heat of The Night is one of my favourites from the 60's so I kinda looked forward to They Call Me Mister Tibbs but it was a massive let down - doh. Poitier and Landau put in reasonable performances but the plot has little more depth than an episode of Columbo or Quincy and the scripting is perfunctory throughout. Wouldn't bother if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment